I am the last one in the office to write an office blog, and I have been waiting a long time just so I can say ‘Arsenal – top of the Premier League’ (don’t know how long for though).
2015 was a very good year for the RQA as highlighted below, with a number of records being broken:
- Record numbers of delegates attending the Annual Conference in Leeds -260 delegates.
- A Conference App was very successfully introduced at the Annual Conference with over 94% of delegates using the App
- Social media group numbers all increased, with LinkedIn members increasing by over 150% to 6,248
- We held 94 Learning events with a total of 912 attendees
- We have 10 eLearning courses with 422 delegates purchasing these and all courses are now SCORM compliant
- We tripled our Webcast offering with a lot more to follow
- We introduced electronic course material and feedback
- We introduced a new Professional Development Course – ISO9001:2015
- A new Regional Forum was developed and held its first meeting in the USA
- We entered three categories in the Association Excellence Awards 2016 and have been chosen as a finalist in each of these – Best Association Website, Best Association newsletter – Quasar and Best Development of an Existing Association Event under 300 delegates – 2015 RQA Annual Conference. The awards ceremony is being held on 26th February 2016 so fingers crossed!
- The new publication – ‘Management of the Training and Competency of Personnel in GxP and Research Environments’ – which is available as a free download for Members is now available on the RQA website. The publication can also be purchased as a hard copy for Members/Non-Members and electronically for Non-Members. The publication is a best practice guide directed towards trainees, management and trainers and anyone else involved with training and development.
One of the most significant changes was the restructuring of the RQA Board where we split the RQA Board into a Strategic Board and an Operational Management Committee which took effect at the AGM in Leeds in November 2015.
Looking forward to 2016, our newly formed Operational Management Committee, will meet for the first time in January 2016 to review and update the Operational Plan to enable the successful delivery of the Strategic Plan. Information on this will be cascaded to the membership in due course.
Our Professional Development Course programme starts again in February with three courses - the Auditing Course, GLP for Study Directors, Principal Investigators, Study Staff and Management & Audit Analysis and Reporting.
We will be introducing a new eLearning course very soon – VICH GCP which should be a very useful resource for individuals and companies.
The 2nd European QA Conference being held at the Nice Acropolis in Nice, France during the period 25th -29th April 2016 is now open for delegate and exhibitor/sponsorship bookings including pre-conference training. Visit the conference website The 2nd European QA Conference being held at the Nice Acropolis in Nice, France during the period 25th -29th April 2016 is now open for delegate and exhibitor/sponsorship bookings including pre-conference training. Visit the conference website at:
Planning is also under way for the 2016 RQA Annual Conference with the first Programme Committee meeting being held in January. Just to remind you that the conference will be held at the Hilton Hotel, Brighton during 7th – 11th November 2016 including pre-conference training.
Look out for further information coming soon.
So as you can see it’s going to be a very exciting and busy 2016 for all.